Task 2D





I really do find it easier to work and organise my studies when I make it a little more fun, each task I seem to make it a little project. By creating a document that is produced creatively really allows me to open up my way of thinking, staring at a black and white screen only makes me over think. 

Here are my answers to my questions, some of them I can't explain fully as I am still making an understanding of them.


Question 1

Teaching in primary schools and seeing young people everyday you become very aware of the importance of your presence. These young people will see you as role models and strive to be like you. Having this expectation makes you want to be the best version of yourself. Knowing that your apart of a child’s development in which ever way wether it be physically, mentally or emotionally you have impacted on their well being and hopefully making them the better version of themselves. Areas in which I teach are less affluent communities, some of these children would never take an after school club or be able to attend physical activity out side of school so I strongly believe that I am giving these children an opportunity that they would never experience. Witnessing there success and there growing passion for performing arts has only made me more self driven. Been self employed it is a lonely lifestyle, I live in my car travelling too and from schools, however the admiration I have for my mum (I know it sounds silly) is huge. Working in schools herself her aim was to always give children new opportunities she had the eye for young people with talent she would always teach them to strive for more and dream big, she turned peoples lives around from being disruptive and having behavioural issues to using 'opportunities' as a tool for succeeding.  

Question 2

I don't understand how in this generation people haven't realised the impact performing arts can have on young students. In schools they constantly are striving to achieve 'academically', unfortunately not all people are academic, how can you expect them to achieve in something they are not good at. This makes children feel like a failure, more often than not these individuals are more likely to be triumphant in physical activity/sport allow them to search for what they are good at. Creative minds are equally as intelligent. I am continuing to understand why schools hesitate to participate in extra dance curriculum, and I am going to make it my mission to change their opinion. I get my guidance from friends who are also in the same practise as myself, as professionals who have working experience have a lot to bring to teaching. Together we work through things, share these experiences to know that we are going through similar situation's.

Question 3

Now I have struggled to think of an answer to this I found find my instinct answer very similar to my 'what don't I understand' question. But I think its an important emotion to respond too as we all experience some upset and frustration in our practises. Working with children as we can all imagine has its stressful moments as they can be really unpredictable, depending what has happened in their day they could enter your lesson with a different attitude. So it upsets me when a child misbehave's and doesn't listen to instructions as I then find other children like to follow suit, having to try calm the whole class down is a task in its self. Reading other peoples blogs about this particular question I have found interesting and realising that most teachers feel the same, so I guess my admiration comes from all the teachers out there who know how dealing with misbehaving children can be upsetting not only on you but the entire class. 

Question 4

Ethical situations are really important when working with children you have to consider there well being as when they are in your supervision they are your responsibility. When I organise my dance camps I am really keen to make sure that any information I need to know about the child is given to me, wether it be allergies, injuries or any other medical requirements. I normally ask the parents to disclose all this information on a form which is signed so then I have proof and I reassure them the information will not be shared. My camps include dance and gymnastics so this involves me having to place the children in different positions supporting them during moves. I explain and instruct the children of the procedure so they are informed of what I am going to do to help them, I do this in groups so I have people watching my teaching ability. I feel its really important to make your self clear of instructions especially when you take part in what can be such a tactile sport. Photo consent is an action I take as it is my own business I need advertising materials so I often take pictures during camps with the parents consent to upload them to social media, if a parent isn't happy with this then photos will not be taken. All parents must sign as proof. 












Comments