Literature Review - Research

I have searched many article's online from different perspectives as for my review is it important to look 'outward' at what other people have said as in the handbook it says, "if you have thought about it, it is very likely someone else has too". As well as internet research I have also asked friends and colleagues who are in the same business, not all of them are teachers but they are in the dance industry on their thoughts on Dance in primary schools. I asked them all the same question "do you think dance has an impact on children in primary schools, if so how?", with out going into a detailed explanation of why I was asking I was interested to see their response. There was a positive relation to all their answers.

Whilst reviewing my research I was looking for 'themes' that ran through them all to see if this would narrow down my 'big' idea. My key texts are from various professional individuals but all have the children's well being as a priority. I am wanting to review as much literature as possible so then I have a better understanding of my chosen topic. 

Here are a few quotes that relate to my topic:

- " Schools integrating arts into the curriculum as part of a comprehensive education reform strategy are documenting positive changes in the school environment and improved student performance".

- "US where young children from low-income families participated in a creative dance programme. When compared with a control group, the children in the dance programme significantly improved in social competence and reduced behaviour problems".

- " Decreasing levels of physical activity among young people in western societies, this is problematic given that physical activity in childhood tends to track into adulthood".


I am still researching and making my final guest list to produce my key texts, but for my review I am looking for other's thoughts on:

how can dance help improve the social wellbeing of children in primary schools physically, socially and mentally? 

Comments