Module 2: Research as mapping Skype Discussion 27th Sept 18

During today’s Skype discussion I had with Helen and other BAPP students also studying this module was some what inspiring and eye opening. We spoke about our ideas we had started to think about for our enquiry. We all had ‘BIG’ questions that we wanted to ask ourselves and we were unsure how to narrow it down to a specific question. It was comforting to know that we were ALL panicking about finding the question before starting our research and Helen shed light on the fact that this is not true. 

What I learnt from today: 

Don’t be afraid to think bigger before narrowing it down. 

Research not only what teachers (in my case) think about my enquiry but other professionals that could have a opinion on my topic from a different perspective. 

Helen described choosing your literature like making a guest list by figuring out who needs to go to the party/which piece of literature needs to be involved in your enquiry for it to relate back to my question. 

Although I am researching my ‘big’ question to finally get to a focus point I have to make sure it all relates back to me and how that question can help me have a deeper understanding in my practise. ( I started to get carried away with something I found interesting when the area wasn’t going benefit me exactly in my profession.) 

Literature isn’t just books and articles it could be informal conversations with work colleagues, friends and family etc. 

The key to module two is to discuss your topic with an array of different people, today one of the students was talking about her area of thought and she mentioned something that I related to my topic, it expands your thought process. Even though other people could be researching different enquiries it’s always good to get there view as it could open up to other ideas. 

I hope others reading this can benefit a little and I am more than happy to discuss other people’s BIG questions. 

27.09.2018 

Xx




Comments