Module 3: Ethical considerations (again)

I watched the link Adesola attached to a blog post: https://www.ted.com/talks/dave_isay_everyone_around_you_has_a_story_the_world_needs_to_hear

Collecting interviews as a data collection tool is important to us when we execute our inquiry. We will benefit from their responses as it will allow us to pool together the data in which we can form an analysis. I had never thought about what impact the interviews could have on the interviewee's until I watched the video, which made me think about the process.

As I asked participants to take part in my data collection, I informed them of the reasoning of my inquiry and what my objectives were in which they accepted to proceed. By them accepting to be interviewed has allowed them to have a voice on the subject, grant them a sense of freedom to express their opinion. I had never thought about how my topic could affect the people involved. So I thought in reverse, if I had been asked this question by someone else I would have so much to say and I would like my voice to be heard and be included in an inquiry. As a dance teacher I feel passionately about dance in education, so it could be that other dance teachers feel the same way and this inquiry allows them to speak up.

Ethical considerations that I hadn't thought of previously.

Comments