Wonders Continued .....

I am acting on my feedback from module 1 and really using the tool of blogging and reading others posts to really widen my thought process for module 2. By researching different labels used by others it located me to a few profiles that really got me thinking, and questioning my own wonders.

As the start of module 2 is about finding a focus point to plan your enquiry around I have been concentrating solely on what question I am going to ask myself. I have struggled, however by reading previous students blog posts its shown me how they worked their way towards finding their 'focus point' and actually asking yourself numerous questions beforehand will make you realise what is important to you and an area in which you want to know more about.

Lauren Harper's blog I have found really useful reading as in some ways I think our thoughts are very similar. She lists questions she started off asking her self, so I thought this method to seek a focus point would be the way I would try and narrow down all my wonders.

What do I want to gain from my enquiry ?

What am I hoping to do with my findings from my enquiry ?

Do I want to make a change in society with the information from my enquiry ?

Who is going to benefit from my enquiry ?

What is important to me ?

What motivates me in my professional practise ?

Who am I going to ask to my enquiry questions too ? professional people, public ?

Whilst writing this post I have just looked back on Adesola's blog through using the labels search and found a post about module 2 where she has mentioned that the question can't be too 'big' what is the boundary between a big question and a specific question ? how do I know if the question I am wanting to ask is too general and not specific enough to my practise?


Comments

  1. Hello,

    I have just posted a blog called Research into Practice. It's based on a CPD I had at school on Friday about how to approach research. Hopefully you'll be able to find something useful on there. I'm interested to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment