Module two skype call 15/11/2018

'What if you cannot interview anyone?'

At first I was very unsure on the meaning of this topic and what it was getting us to think about. After listening to Adesola explaining it and now by reading other students from module two and their blogs has really given me the time to understand what the purpose of the call was.

The question asked was what if you can't interview anyone? My immediate thought was, I shall conduct surveys instead and rapidly thinking of other data collection tools that I could use, when actually the meaning was to think about how we would find out more about our topic if we couldn't ask for anyones opinion. Finding about the culture and history of your topic will give you a deeper foundation on what is already out there and then gives you an insight in what you would like to know more about.

Adesola gave me an example after briefly explaining my topic, that there is so much culture and historical content out there already for my inquiry subject that I can't think like I am the first person that has thought about it. When in fact many people have implemented dance in educational settings before. It is returning to the cycle process.

Peoples opinions are only opinions they don't define in any kind of truth as it is only an opinion, history and culture of a topic demonstrates a first layer in which peoples opinions can be seen to relate to and then compare.

I wasn't so confident in writing this post but after doing so and relating back to other students posts about the subject has finally made it a little more clear.

Comments